Friday, June 1, 2012

Chesapeake Bay Retriever Goes Fishing

He's going to retrieve the fish!

Yesterday Kent and I took his retriever down to the river for some exercise and a photoshoot, and hopefully roll out some fly line. Water is home for these dogs so it all seemed like a great idea, and all went extremely well. A wonderful day on the banks of the Saco River to be sure.
Akira the dog however, had never seen a fish before. I showed him a little 8 or 9 inch smallie I had caught, he gave it a few licks and thought that was just great, he could bring that back if I threw it! After all, that was the expectation of the orange bumper, that apparently was getting increasingly boring.
Not sure where the encounter was going, I released the fish, and a 10 minute fever ensured while Akira swam around excited to retrieve this new thing, that .... uh oh... apparently didn't float!
I think the poor dog spend the rest of the day checking on me to make sure I didn't have that fishy thing in my hand for him to retrieve.
He did pose for some great pics on the river though, and even though the fishing wasn't so hot following up the recent trains, it was a good day on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment